The Master of Science in Public Health (MSPH) offered by Al Shifa Trust Eye Hospital under the auspices of the Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad, is a twenty four months(2 year) post-graduate degree programme.
The vision of the Al Shifa Department of Public Health is to emerge as a national and international recognized center of excellence in public health.
The mission of the Al Shifa Department of Public Health is to improve public’s health through advancements in teaching, research and national, regional and global partnerships.
- To provide the best education to students of public health
- To encourage innovative ideas and critical thinking leading to improved health for the people of Pakistan and all nations
- To create skilled and competent public health leaders, researchers and policy makers
- To inform evidence based policy, disseminate health information, and increase awareness of health as a fundamental right.
Goal of the MSPH Program
The goal of the MSPH program offered by the Al Shifa Trust Eye Hospital is to improve the population health and advance the science of public health through competent and committed public health professionals.
Objectives of the MSPH Program
The objectives of the MSPH program are to produce
- Highly skilled, competent and ethical public health professionals
- Public health professionals that can design and conduct research studies and projects for the betterment of the population
- Public health professionals that can develop strategies to alter behavior that leads to health risks
- Public health professionals that can pioneer health policy which gives greater access to health care and prevention services
- Public health professionals that can plan, monitor and evaluate public health programmes and projects
- Public health professionals that can promote public health through effective communication strategies
- Public health professionals that can analyze and interpret data from research studies, programs and projects